This week, I hurt my tailbone, so Sunday I did some meal prep knowing my husband would be taking care of my son and I for most meals, lunches have never been his specialty so I wanted to do some meal prepping to help ease this responsibility for him. Since standing was easy just bending and sitting were hard, this was an easier task.
First I made a breakfast burritos, it’s a quick easy breakfast that can be made in advance and heater at work in the microwave or toaster oven. This recipe makes approx 10.
You will need:
2 frying pans, 1 spatula, 1 whisk, a knife and a cutting board, tinfoil
1 package of natural selections bacon
10 – 12 brown eggs – we also enjoy a free range in my household
1 cup of grated cheese – I really enjoy tex mex cheese.
1 pepper of your choice – I chose an orange bell pepper
2 cups of fresh spinach chopped
Mustard – I am a big lover of mustard so I always have mustard with eggs – totally preference
salt and pepper to taste
10 whole wheat tortilla shells
- Step one, fry up the whole package of bacon. Keep it as a strip.
- Scramble your eggs, once to the preference you like, add spinach, cheese and peppers.
- Once all ingredients are cooked, lay out your tortilla, add ingredients as follows: Bacon, Eggs, Salt and pepper, Sauce. Then fold, bottom up and over your ingredients then sides in and roll!
- This should make enough for 10 burritos. I wrap mine in Tinfoil and then place in a Ziploc, if you plan to use a microwave you can always put these in a microwave friendly container.
My Go To Filling Salad.
I am not a salad person, nor have I ever been. Salads are not my idea of fun, but this salad fills me up and it tastes delicious!!
This recipe will make 1 salad to pack. You can multiply this recipe depending on how many you make in advance.
You will need:
A knife, cutting board, container for dressing, container for salad.
1 hard-boiled egg – peeled and chopped
2 hand fulls of spring mix salad greens
1 cooked chicken breast chopped – depending on the size sometimes I only use half.
6 grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons of pecans
2 tablespoons of feta
2 tablespoons of chopped red onions
1/4 cup of chopped cucumber
1/2 a bell pepper – color to your choosing
1 tablespoon of President Choice’s Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- Mix all ingredients into your container. Put the dressing in a separate container, I like to pack this in a big enough container that I can add the dressing and shake it at work. This salad stores really easy so making a few a couple days early is okay!