As many of you know I am in my third trimester and have been spending the past few weeks getting my hospital bag ready, and this involves unpacking and repacking a few times. Making lists of things to pick up, and things to add, and taking out things I have changed my mind about only to re-add them later – typical indecisive pregnant lady thoughts.
When I gave birth to my son I went super basic, and my mom had to bring me stuff from her house because there were so many things I didn’t think of. But I’ve decided to share with you what I am bringing, and what I will be using from the hospital
- This time I opted for a house coat, last time we had so many visitors come to the hospital, Pearce was a bit of a traumatic birth, and it was really uncomfortable to be nursing, and having all my husbands friends around, and just sitting in a hospital gown or my mothers night-gown she brought me which was not nursing friendly. I got my house coat from Pink Blush Maternity, I went for a mid-length one and am really pleased with the quality.
- As stated below it was really difficult to breast feed in the night-gown my mom brought me and the last thing I wanted to wear was pants LOL. So I opted this time for 2 night gowns. One black one that is a tank top style from the Gap, and One that is a T-shirt Style from Thyme Maternity, Both will be great for breast-feeding and are long enough that I feel comfortable and aren’t too thick as I tend to run hot even when I am not pregnant!
- I also packed a pair of flip-flops – for showering at the hospital, and a pair of slippers for walking around at the hospital. – no specific type or brand
- I packed my favorite pillow and put an extra pillow case on it (that’s black – self-explanatory)
- When I gave birth to Pearce I did not buy ANY nursing bra’s prior, my thought was that I don’t want to spend the money and not be able to nurse, as I know so many woman who struggled with this. This time I purchased a few soft ones from Amazon, (since my boobs changed so much after the initial engorgement I will wait to buy any wire or supportive ones till that happens). I purchased a 4 pack of nursing bra’s from Amazon, they came with back extenders which is so nice when you first give birth. They were 4 for $39.99 which is pretty hard to beat (black, pink, beige and white)!
- I always like to pack my own towel and face cloth, just because I do like to shower after giving birth and having one from home just makes you feel more comfortable, and I have an obsession with washing my face with really hot water with a face cloth a few times a day.
- I packed a going home outfit – A pair of baggy sweat pants, a t-shirt and a sweater, nothing fancy, Comfort is key for me. As well as Warm Socks for the cold hospital floor when my slippers are too far away.
- Nursing pillow, I just have a jolly jumper one that I got when I was pregnant with Pearce, I didn’t find that I used it too much, except for at the hospital
- Loofa – This is self-explanatory, I bring a new loofa whenever we go anywhere.
- Earth Mama Herbal Perineal Spray – I didn’t have this spray with my son but I opted for it this time, just knowing how things feel down there before and after labor, so Far I have found it really helpful.
- K’Pure Smooch Lip Balm , K’Pure Get Closer Deodorant & K’Pure Keep Going spray
- So Luxury Sitz Bath – I packed this as I plan to put it in my spray bottle for my bottom bits after labor!
- Then I packed your regular travel toiletries
For My Hub:
- Change of Clothes – with Extra socks
- I Packed a sweat shirt this time for him as last time he was very cold.
- Snacks – I made some pumpkin muffins and froze them that we will grab on our way out the door and other snacks I know he will like
For The Baby:
- I grabbed the Baby Starter Kit from K’Pure Naturals as it came with everything I would want for the hospital, I have used the sleepy time bath stuff on my son since he was an infant. The Numpfer baby cloth is so incredibly soft compared to what the hospital provides.
- I packed 4 Sleepers, my last birth we were in the hospital for a few days so I wanted to pack a few to be safe
- I packed So Luxury Coco Oat Bath – Depending on babes skin I may use this instead of the K’Pure sleepy time.
- I packed 2 pairs of socks, and 2 pairs of hand mits to cover babe from scratching
- I packed 4 diapers and a pack of wipes – I plan on using the diapers from the hospital so these were just extra.
- I packed 1 Muslin receiving blanket (I always used this as a breast-feeding shield with my first), 2 regular cotton receiving blankets, and 1 blanket to go over the car seat
- Take Home outfit for girl and Take home outfit for boy – I like to pack a different outfit for each gender so its obvious what we have in the picture. This time I got the outfits from Jax and Lennon.
- Nipple leaking pads – its unlikely that I will be leaking at the point of leaving the hospital because my milk most likely won’t have come in yet, but they’re packed just in case
- I also packed little knit skates we got made for my son, we didn’t know the gender of my son either so we had Pink, and blue laces made so I have packed them as well for babe to come home in. Below is a picture of the one I got in case its a boy, But I also got a matching bow so it can work for both!
Its getting down to the final days of this pregnancy and I am so excited to meet this little bean and find out if it’s a boy or a girl, and to just really take some time to bond as a family of 4. Whether baby comes early, on time or late, I know that it is going to be an experience all its own!