This year we made salt dough ornaments and I think it’s going to be our new Christmas tradition. It was super fun and easy. If you’re like me and have a mini who loves arts and crafts this one is really fun and easy. It’s a two-part project so for us we did it on two different days. The first time we made them just Pearce and I then the second time we had friends join. Below is the recipe and instructions, hope you enjoy!
Salt Dough Ornament Recipe:
4 cups of Flour
1 cup of Salt
1.5 cups of water * may need more
modge Podge or another clear sealant
*cookie cutters if desired*
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix, knead dough for 10 mins. If dough is too dry add more water and continue to knead.
3. Roll out to desired thickness – keep in mind that they will be most likely hung from a tree so try to not do too thick!
4. Cut out desired shape of ornament – a good idea would be foot and hand prints. (Don’t forget to add a hole to ensure the ornament can hang, straws work well!)
5. Bake for 1-2 hours till no longer doughy * careful in raising temp as it could cause dough to bubble
6. Let Cool, then decorate as desire, ensure the decorations fully dry 1 hour if just paint.
7. Finish with modge podge or other sealant, and let dry. Don’t forget to write the year on it for a fun memory for them to look back on.
8. Tie string through and wrap for a gift or hang on your tree!
Wishing you all a fun and happy Christmas!
One thing I have loved since I was a kid was Banana Bread, I used to love when my mom would make it. She would take it out of the oven and let it cool then cut us a slice. It seemed like the time it took for the bread to cool was an eternity. To this day I still love banana bread, warm with butter spread on.
Here is my favourite Banana Bread Recipe.
4-5 over ripe banana’s Mashed
3 teaspoons of baking powder or 1 teaspoon of baking soda
a pinch of cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup of olive oil
3/4 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups of all purpose flour
Optional: 1 cup of chocolate chips
You will Need:
1 Bread Pan
a whisk or beater
spoon to mix
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
- In a small bowl beat your 2 eggs and leave to the side for later
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl
- Add the banana’s to the eggs and mash all the bananas.
- Mix the two bowls so that it is nice and consistant throughout. If you wish to add the chocolate chips now is the time.
- Pour the ingredients into a bread pan and stick it in the preheated oven for 60 mins. Once done let it cool for 10 mins, Then Enjoy!
P.S. If you try the recipe tag me on Facebook or Instagram I would love to see your finished product!
This week, I hurt my tailbone, so Sunday I did some meal prep knowing my husband would be taking care of my son and I for most meals, lunches have never been his specialty so I wanted to do some meal prepping to help ease this responsibility for him. Since standing was easy just bending and sitting were hard, this was an easier task.
First I made a breakfast burritos, it’s a quick easy breakfast that can be made in advance and heater at work in the microwave or toaster oven. This recipe makes approx 10.
You will need:
2 frying pans, 1 spatula, 1 whisk, a knife and a cutting board, tinfoil
1 package of natural selections bacon
10 – 12 brown eggs – we also enjoy a free range in my household
1 cup of grated cheese – I really enjoy tex mex cheese.
1 pepper of your choice – I chose an orange bell pepper
2 cups of fresh spinach chopped
Mustard – I am a big lover of mustard so I always have mustard with eggs – totally preference
salt and pepper to taste
10 whole wheat tortilla shells
- Step one, fry up the whole package of bacon. Keep it as a strip.
- Scramble your eggs, once to the preference you like, add spinach, cheese and peppers.
- Once all ingredients are cooked, lay out your tortilla, add ingredients as follows: Bacon, Eggs, Salt and pepper, Sauce. Then fold, bottom up and over your ingredients then sides in and roll!
- This should make enough for 10 burritos. I wrap mine in Tinfoil and then place in a Ziploc, if you plan to use a microwave you can always put these in a microwave friendly container.
My Go To Filling Salad.
I am not a salad person, nor have I ever been. Salads are not my idea of fun, but this salad fills me up and it tastes delicious!!
This recipe will make 1 salad to pack. You can multiply this recipe depending on how many you make in advance.
You will need:
A knife, cutting board, container for dressing, container for salad.
1 hard-boiled egg – peeled and chopped
2 hand fulls of spring mix salad greens
1 cooked chicken breast chopped – depending on the size sometimes I only use half.
6 grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons of pecans
2 tablespoons of feta
2 tablespoons of chopped red onions
1/4 cup of chopped cucumber
1/2 a bell pepper – color to your choosing
1 tablespoon of President Choice’s Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- Mix all ingredients into your container. Put the dressing in a separate container, I like to pack this in a big enough container that I can add the dressing and shake it at work. This salad stores really easy so making a few a couple days early is okay!